Supporting people living with dementia through creative activities
Looking to develop your skills in supporting people living with dementia to tell stories, use their imaginations and share memories?
Our Everyday Creativity for People Living with Dementia training is aimed at anyone who has an interest in arts and dementia. We welcome both experienced artists and people with no previous experience of working directly in this field. We also welcome professionals from health and social care and people working or volunteering for charities supporting older people.
This training will support you to build confidence in your capacity to use creativity as a tool to support people living with dementia.
Those attending this training will:
- An understanding of the potential benefits of using the arts with people living with dementia
- Develop practical skills in facilitating a range of creative exercises
- Gain an insight to a recent Collective Encounters project in care homes working with staff and family carers to support people living with dementia
- Have space to discuss the ethics of creative work with people living with dementia
Length: 3 hours
- For attendees supported by their organisations the full price of a ticket is £35.00
- For freelancers and individual attendees, the price of a ticket is £30.00
- For those on low or no income the ticket price is £18.00
We also have a small number of bursary places available for those with limited funds, please email Marianne at email@example.com
Access: This event will use live transcription. If you require BSL interpretation, or any other access support please get in touch before the event.